Teen Drivers Challenge
Teen Driver Challenge Dates
- January 10th & 11th, 2014 – (Registration Starts on December 30th, 2013)
- February 14th & 15th, 2014 - (Registration Starts on January 27th, 2014)
- March 7th & 8th, 2014 – (Registration Starts on February 17th, 2014)
- April 25th & 26th, 2014 – (Registration Starts on April 7th, 2014)
- May 23rd & 24th, 2014 – (Registration Starts on May 6th, 2014 )
- June 27th & 28th, 2014 – (Registration Starts on June 16th, 2014)
- July 18th & 19th, 2014 – (Registration Starts on July 7th, 2014)
- August 15th & 16th, 2014 – (Registration Starts on July 28th, 2014)
- September 19th & 20th, 2014 – (Registration Starts on September 8th, 2014)
- October 24th & 25th, 2014 – (Registration Starts on October 12th, 2014)
- November 21st & 22nd – (Registration Starts on November 3rd, 2014)
* Registration to start @ 8:00 a.m. by calling the Teen Driver Challenge Line 352-368-3530
* All calls received before 8 a.m. on the registration date will not be accepted.
* This is a recorded line – you must leave a detailed message for registration.
* All registrations will be taken in the order that the calls are received.
* Class size is limited to 16 students.
To enroll your Teenager into the Teen Driver Challenge training, please call 352-368-3530. For all other inquiries, please contact Sergeant McQuaig at 352-369-6768.
To expedite your enrollment process, the following procedures must be completed.
- Please complete the “Parental Permission” two page form. They must be signed and notarized.
- Please complete the “Student Statement of Voluntary Participation” one page form. It must be signed and notarized.
- Please complete the “Vehicle Owner’s Statement and Permission” one page form. It must be signed and notarized.
- Please provide a copy of the student’s driver’s license, copies of the registration and current insurance of the vehicle to be used. Please attach to the Owner’s Statement form.
- The student must provide a vehicle for the driving exercises. We recommend that the vehicle should be the one they will drive most of the time.
- The vehicle must be in a good mechanical condition. All equipment on the vehicle must work. Tires and brakes need to be in a better than average condition. A vehicle inspection will be performed on every vehicle before the driving exercises begin.
Documents and Information:
- 2012-2013 Teen Driver Challenge Information Maps
- 2012 Teen Driver Challenge Brochure
- Teen Driver Challenge Forms 2012
- Seatbelt Convincer Hold Harmless Agreement
Directions to Marion County Sheriff’s Office Operations Center
From State Road 40, you turn onto SW 30th Avenue, proceed less than a ¼ mile and the “South Entrance” will be on the left hand side. As you turn into the entrance you will see the Jail on the right side and our Fleet Department on the left side. Keep going straight and the road veers to the left. You will see the Main Operations Center. Look for the circular drive with the flag pole. Teen Driver Challenge students will meet inside the lobby.